To connect your own SMTP account, you must configure these items:
Service name: name of the mail service (Ex → Outlook, Yahoo ...).
Email: your smtp email (e.g. → [email protected])
Password: the password for your email account.
SMTP Host: the smtp host (Ex. → smtp.office365.com)
SMTP port: the smtp port (e.g. → 587)
IMAP Host: the imap port (Ex. → imap-mail.outlook.com)
"Please note that there is a difference between Outlook and Office 365 accounts. Make sure you choose your correct email provider. Follow these steps to set up your Outlook account, here. Use this App Password instead of your normal password.
Also, you need to enable SMTP authentication in Outlook, as it is disabled by default. Check the explanatory article here. Remember that without these settings you will not be able to configure your Outlook email account in FindThatLead."
If your email is from Gmail / GSuite domains:
1. Go to your inbox (https://mail.google.com). Click on 'Settings' and then click on POP / IMAP Settings.
2. Enable IMAP and save the changes.
3. Click on 'Security' and grant access to less secure apps as shown in the image below:
If you do not see this option, you are probably using a standard Gmail account or you are not the Gsuite administrator. Contact your administrator for assistance. Only the domain administrator can enable less secure apps for all users.
You can check the status of less secure applications for your account here: https://myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps?pli=1
If you are the administrator of a Gsuite account, you must log in to the administrator panel using this link; https://admin.google.com/ac/security/lsa.
Make sure to enable Less secure applications for all your email accounts as shown below:
4. Go to "Security" (https://myaccount.google.com/security) and enable "Two-Step Verification". Then, follow these steps to generate the "application password":
5. Once you enable "2-Step Verification", click on "App passwords":
6. Select a new app as "Other (custom name)":
7. Type the name of the application, e.g. "FindThatLead SMTP" and click "Generate":
8. A custom app password will be generated for use with FindThatLead, copy this password for later.
9. The next step is to properly configure your SPF and DKIM records. Note that these settings must be made when the domain and email are created (if you are using Google apps), so you should already have this, otherwise contact your domain administrator for more information.
10. Go to https://app.findthatlead.com/dashboard, scroll down to Campaign Accounts and click 'Add Account'.
Simply select the Google Mail icon and enter the 'email' and 'application password' previously generated in step 8.
If you are on the custom connection, configure the settings as follows:
Service name → Google / Gsuite.
Email → Your email address
Password → Your "application password"
SMTP Host → smtp.gmail.com
SMTP port → 587
IMAP host → imap.gmail.com
11. You are all set! You can start sending emails with the 'Campaigns' tool. If you have any problems during this process, feel free to contact us at [email protected], and we will help you.